Students completing this program will:
- Produce accurate legal and business documents using word processing, spreadsheets and presentation graphics.
- Perform basic accounting functions including computerized software
- Communicate effectively in a legal and/or business environment both verbally and in writing.
- Apply interpersonal skills as they relate to business.
- Demonstrate proficiency in the ability to prioritize situations logically, organize tasks, and have attention to detail, while multi-tasking.
- Apply general knowledge of the legal administrative assistant practice and procedures, primarily focus on the areas of legal terminology and office procedures to work effectively in a legal environment.
- Transcribe legal documents using relevant legal terminology and showing attention to detail.
- Demonstrate proficiency in records management, office equipment and computer technology, office etiquette and personnel management.