Early Childhood Infant/Toddler Educator (ITC)
Our philosophy of education is based on the values we hold for children. We believe children need to be with teachers who:
- Have sound knowledge of child growth and development.
- See early childhood as a unique and valuable stage in the process of human development.
- View children as individuals and respond to each one's unique needs.
- Strive to be fair to all children.
- Understand that families significantly influence a child's behavior.
- Have developed cultural competence and value each child's family and culture.
- Build mutually respectful partnerships with families.
- Are able to help children gain control of their own behavior.
- Encourage children to express their feelings in appropriate ways.
- Have a good understanding of how children learn best.
- Can plan, implement and evaluate developmentally appropriate curriculum.
- Provide materials and support for exploration and experimentation.
- Value play as one of the most important experiences in early childhood.
- Instill a positive attitude toward learning and are curious and interesting themselves.
- Encourage children to express themselves through creative experiences.
- Are aware of the relationships between physical health, mental health and cognitive development.
- Enjoy the time they spend with children and delight in their gains toward autonomy and initiative.
- Relate well to other adults.
- See themselves as professionals and life-long learners.