Physical Therapist Assistant Department
Mary Meng-Lee MPH, PT
PTA Program Mission
North Shore Community College's Physical Therapist Assistant Program offers a comprehensive curriculum, which emphasizes theory, knowledge and skills necessary for contemporary physical therapy practice across a variety of practice settings. The broad based curriculum promotes student development of self-directed entry-level competence and leadership in preparation for employment. The program faculty values commitment to the physical therapy profession, excellence in education, lifelong learning and servicing our community.
PTA Program Goals
Questions or comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The PTA program faculty will deliver a program leading to licensure and entry level PTA practice.
- The PTA program faculty will promote the importance of professional development through lifelong learning opportunities and membership in professional organizations.
- The PTA program will provide students with an appropriate and contemporary curriculum that adheres to institutional guidelines, CAPTE and Standards for Ethical Conduct.
- The PTA program will maintain a current curriculum with ongoing input from program stakeholders.
- PTA program graduates will provide safe and effective physical therapy treatment while adhering to Standards for Ethical Conduct and federal/ state practice standards.
- PTA program graduates will demonstrate professionalism through positive expression of cooperation, adaptability and willingness to learn.